湘里妹子学术网

找回密码
 注册
查看: 2869|回复: 0

丁邦新:上古漢語的構詞問題

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-7-11 22:51:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
来源:http://e-journals.pku.edu.cn/Jou ... f-b607-692721307900

上古漢語的構詞問題——評Laurent Sagart : The Roots of Old Chinese[1](丁邦新)
(节录)

中文题名: 上古漢語的構詞問題
英文题名:  A Review of The Roots of Old Chinese by Laurent Sagart
作者:  丁邦新
作者单位: 香港科技大学
中图分类号:  
中文摘要: 最近有好几位学者讨论上古汉语的构词问题,并且拟测了不同种类的词缀。我觉得在讨论构词问题之前,应该考虑先设定几条通则,作为讨论的基础,以下是个人的一些想法。
㈠所有的汉字基本上代表一个音节。这一点可以由《诗经》中多用四字句得到印证,相信四个字就是四个音节。我们难以想象在全是四字句的一首诗里,有一个汉字其实代表一个以上的音节。因此,词缀如以一个汉字代表,就是单音节的。现有的一个汉字如有词缀,应该不增加音节。我把这个原则叫做“汉字单音节原则”。
㈡所有的词缀应该说明它的意义,无论是语法意义或者修辞意义。例如某一个词头的语法意义是将动词变为使动式,或某一个插词的意义是加强语气。我把这个原则称为“词缀意义原则”。
㈢先秦传世古籍相当不少,在讨论词缀时,希望至少能有一个用例,例如《尚书汤誓》:“时日曷丧,予及汝偕亡。” “丧”是“亡”的使动式,上古音“丧”是smangh,“亡”是mjang,而“丧”是有词头的,等于“使亡”的意思。意思是“这个太阳什么时候才能使它死亡,我愿意跟你一起死亡。”我把这个原则称为“词缀用例原则”。当然这是一个理想的情形,如果没有用例,至少有谐声字、词族的说明。问题是谐声字、词族的说明有时难免人言人殊,不容易成为定论。
根据以上的三条通则,本文就来讨论Sagart(1999)的专著。

中文关键字:  
英文摘要: Recently several scholars have discussed morphological issues in Archaic Chinese and reconstructed various types of affixes. Here I would like to review Sagart’s books. I propse to set up three general principles as a foundation for further discussion.
1. Each Chinese Character Basically Represents One Syllable
This statement can be easily validated by the fact that most of the poems in the Shijing(《诗经》) are composed of four-character lines and each character therefore represents one syllable. It would be difficult to imagine that one stanza could be composed of a number of four-character lines in which one of the characters actually represents more than one syllable. Therefore, any lexeme represented by one character should by monosyllabic. If one character represents a root with an affix, this affix must be proclitic or enclitic in nature and belong to the same syllable. I call this principle the Monosyllabic Principle.
2. Every Affix Must Its Meaning
When we discuss an affix, we should always indicates its meaning whether grammatical or rhetorical. For example, the grammatical function of a prefix may derive a causative verb from its original form, or the rhetorical function of an infix may emphasize the connotation of a word. I call this principle the Meaningful Affix Principle.
3. The Usage of An Affix Must Be Exemplified in Pre-Qin Texts
Many pre-Qin texts are preserved today. When we discussed a particular affix, it would be preferable if we could quote at least one example from the texts to demonstrate its usage. I call this principle The Affix Usage Principle.
On the basis of these usage principles, I will discuss the methodology that Sagart applies in his 1999 book, as well as other issues.
……

参考文献
丁邦新(1994):汉语上古音的元音问题,《中国境内语音暨语言学》,2:21-40页。
——(1998):《丁邦新语言学论文集》,商务印书馆,北京。
——(2001):汉语音韵史上有待解决的问题,《中央研究院第三届国际汉学会议论文集》(印刷中)。
龚煌城(2000):从汉藏语的比较看上古汉语的词头问题,《语言暨语言学》1.2:39-61页。
李荣(1998a):《广州方言词典》,江苏教育出版社,江苏。
—— (1998b):《福州方言词典》,江苏教育出版社,江苏。
—— (1993):《厦门方言词典》,江苏教育出版社,江苏。
李方桂(1971):上古音研究,《清华学报》新九卷第1、2期合刊, 1-61页。
赵元任(1968/1980):《中国话的文法》,丁邦新译,香港中文大学出版社,香港。
周法高(1962):《中国古代语法、构词篇》,中央研究院历史语言研究所专刊之三十九。
Baxter, William H. III(1992):A Handbook of Old Chinese Phonology, Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
Chao, Yuen Ren(趙元任 1968):A Grammar of Spoken Chinese, University of California Press.
Gong, Hwang-cherng (龔煌城 1980):A Comparative Study of Chinese, Tibetan, and Burmese Vowel Systems, Bulletin of the Institute of History and Philology 5103:455-490。
Li Fang-kuei(李方桂 1951):Review of Nationalism and Language Reform in China, International Journal of American Linguistics 17.4:255-257.
Mei, Tsu-Lin(梅祖麟 1989):The causative and denominative functions of the s- prefix in Old Chinese. Proceedings on the Second international Conference on Sinology, Academia Sinica, section on Linguistics and Paleography. 33-51. Taipei.
Pulleyblank, Edwin G.(1973):Some New Hypothesis Concerning Word Families in Chinese, Journal of Chinese Linguistics 1.1:111-125.
——(2000):Morphology in Old Chinese, Journal of Chinese Linguistics 28.1:26-51.
Sagart, Laurent(1999):The Roots of Old Chinese, Amsterdam Studies in the theory and history of linguistic science. Series IV, Current issues in linguistic theory, v.184.

文献标识码:  A理论与应用研究学术论文(包括综述报告)
更新日期: 2005年04月11日
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|湘里妹子学术网 ( 粤ICP备2022147245号 )

GMT++8, 2024-5-5 00:02 , Processed in 0.061412 second(s), 18 queries .